- in Christmas, Baking, Art Projects, Gifts, Christmas Baking, Advent Calendar, Christmas Decoration, Buche de Noel, Santa Baby Cookies, Christmas Arts & Crafts, Cannoli Bûche de Noël, Cakes, Cookies & Bars, Main Dishes, Cookies, Holidays, Design, Write, Draw, Build, Christmas Eve Checklist
- Leave a Comment
□ Make sure there are enough cookies for Santa. If not, make some more!
□ Prepare the Cannoli Buche de Noel for tomorrow’s Christmas dinner.
□ Go to Family Mass
□ Indulge in the Feast of the Seven Fishes
□ Drink Hot Chocolate and Sing Carols.
□ Leave Cookies, Milk, and Maybe Even Some Reindeer Biscuits by the Fire
Today concludes our work on The Winter’s Tale (or does it?). We’ll read and illustrate scenes from Act V. Here’s a bit of a summary of the action. I’ll post images of the illustrations as they become available!
The Winter’s Tale, Act V, A Brief Summary
We’re back in Sicilia for Scene 1, where Paulina, now a widow, is insisting that King Leontes should never marry again without her approval of the potential wife. Florizel and Perdita arrive, telling Leontes they are married. He welcomes them, enchanted by Perdita and happy to make peace with Polixenes’ son. However, he hears that Polixenes has arrived in town, having come to arrest Florizel for marrying a shepherdess. Begging for help from Leontes, Florizel reveals that the two are not yet married.
Next, Autolycus overhears a conversation which reveals that Leontes has found his daughter, blessed the engagement of Florizel and Perdita, and taken his guests to view a statue of Hermione. He is disappointed, because he had hoped to benefit by revealing the evidence of Perdita’s true identity (papers that had been among her swaddling clothes) which he had gathered, himself.
Finally, all of the royals go with Paulina to visit the statue of Hermione. Leontes mourns his disgraceful behaviour toward his wife, while everyone else wonders at the lifelike qualities of the statue. Paulina boasts that she can make the statue do her bidding, finally revealing that the statue is Hermione herself, who has been alive and waiting for the proper moment to make her return. The families are reunited, and Leontes even plays matchmaker to the widow, Paulina, and his former sevant, Camillo.
What’s Inside of the Lunchbox?
- Book Cover Re-design for Kids: Workshop I, Zeppelin Poems
- Knappa Loves Melodi: The Easiest Ikea Hack Ever
- Contractor Cookies [and Bathroom Pics]
- First Communion Fun
- Saying “Thank You”
- DIY Cookie Cutters: The Zeppelin Edition
- Book Fan Shirts
- Making the Movie Monster Video
- The Vanities of the Leaked-Upon
- MARCH breACK! 2013: Spirit Bear Stick Puppets and Finger-Walking Bear Puppets
- MARCH breACK! 2013: Illustrate-Your-Own-Books, Ahma, The Spirit Bear, Part IV: A Berry Picking Party & What Follows
- MARCH breACK! 2013: Spirit Bear S’mores: Honey Graham Cracker Cookie Cut-Outs and Honey Marshmallows From Scratch
Our Most Popular Arts & Crafts Posts
- Sherlock Holmes Party: DIY Detective Kits
- Necktie Beanbag Snakes
- A Birdseed Wreath
- Snake Mobiles and A Skip Counting Game
- Easter Egg Workshop
- Toy Heart Photo Valentines
- Constellation Cards
- DIY Python Masks
- Pop Art Name Plates
- Snake Sock Puppets
- Favourite Photo Ornaments
- The Adventures of Sir Lochrann Holmes: A Study in Emerald (Introduction)
- Read and Illustrate The Winter’s Tale
Our Most Popular Recipes
- Butter Beer Blondies
- Whisky Fig Cranberry Sauce
- Our Best Chewy Granola Bars
- Eat This(,) Chicken!
- Shamrock S’mores
- Chewy Chocolate Brownies
- Cookie Meteors & Santa Babies
- Quick and Easy Individual Thin Crust Pizzas
- Skylanders Portal of Power Cake
- Frogwiches! Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies with Vanilla or Citrus Cream
- Punch and Judy Cookies
- Cannoli Buche de Noel
- Red Panda Cake
Lunchbox “Bento”: Categories
- The Lunchbox Season is Back
- Summer of Funner 2012 Film Festival
- Peach Day! Amaretto Peach Jam, Brown Sugar Vanilla Jam, and Giant Peach Butter
- A Movable Mural
- The Imaginary Beasts of Riverdale Farm
- Mad Scientist Day 2012: Ten “Sweet” Experiments
- The Kids Make Street Eats (with Beer!): Pilsner Pretzels & Hops and Robbers Mustard
- Glam Cans 2012: Kid-Designed Canning Labels DIY